Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX Photon grid/table widget: (3 Items)

QNX Photon grid/table widget  
I need a grid-like widget containing "inside" widgets (PtButton, PtText, PtToggleButton, PtNumericFloat or 
PtNumericInteger), with column resizing by dragging with mouse. These inside widgets should have uniform heigh and 
widgets in the same column should have the same width. Any of these inside widgets can get focus at any time (e.g. by 
clicking on it with LMB). There shall be possibility to remove and add the "inside" widgets (thus I can simulate row 
manipulation).

I tried to implement this behavior using different methods provided by Photon API, but without any luck. I've tried to 
use anchoring, different containers (PtDivider, PtContainer, PtScrollContainer, PtGroup) and layouts. I've figured, 
layouts are probably working only in PtWindow; resize policies do not work in nested widgets (neither for parents nor 
for childs) and the only possibility to display nested widgets is to specify a fixed size which is of course unusable 
for my purposes. I know, PtScrollContainer needs to know from its childs their size, but it does not work either. It is 
apparent, the "PtDivider in PtTree" solution does not suffice because of the need to use different widgets inside 
different grid cells (and not only text separated by tabulator characters!).

The following code demonstrates the latest attempt to acomplish a grid-like widget. I'd like to use the grid-like widget
 in my final application just as is shown in this demo (i.e. nested in a PtContainer which is a direct child of 
PtWindow). If I try to use e.g. "PtGroup" instead of "PtContainer with Pt_LAYOUT_VERTICAL", the buttons don't get 
resized (they both don't fill the available width and don't allow the PtDivider to resize the column width). I've tried 
to accomplish the widge using PtGridLayout instead of PtRowLayout, but the result was the same as with PtRowLayout (i.e.
 no widgets displayed).

http://pastebin.com/2Ej9bEzg

Any help would be much appreciated.
Re: QNX Photon grid/table widget  
take a look at this chapter, it has an example code:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.5.0/index.jsp?topic=/com.qnx.doc.photon_prog_guide/geometry.html

follow the 'Using layouts' anchor, and scroll down to RowLayout.
Re: QNX Photon grid/table widget  
Thanks for reply, but as is shown in the source code of the demo, I'm already using the RowLayout, but without any luck.

Could you please take a look at the demo and try to figure out what am I doing wrong?