Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Cut and Paste not working: (2 Items)

Cut and Paste not working  
I have a target system running Photon.   The cut and paste functions are not working.

The "right click" menu comes up but the "paste" function is always grey'd out.   I suspect that copy function does not 
work.   This is consistent both in pterm and ped.   I looked into running the API PhClipboardWrite() to see if there is 
an error, but realized it wouldn't matter if I found one or not as the only return code is -1, with no explanation as to
 why there was an error.

The target is started with a custom script.   I've checked the processes running against the same hardware running a 
development environment in which the cut and paste works, and there doesn't seem to be anything missing.

I've scanned the documentation looking for how cut and paste works, and there is little available.    The only hint at 
the mechanism is a comment that clipboards are  tied to input groups.   I used phin to make sure that the Input Group 
region was the same on both the working and non-working system.   I also investigated the "Photon" process command line 
arguments since it owns the Input group.

I've run out of ideas as to why this isn't working.   Does anyone know where to look next?   

Thanks,
RE: Cut and Paste not working  
Make sure the directory /var/clipboard exists and is writeable

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Mitchell Schoenbrun [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com]
> Envoyé : 17 août 2011 14:56
> À : photon-graphics
> Objet : Cut and Paste not working
> 
> I have a target system running Photon.   The cut and paste functions are not
> working.
> 
> The "right click" menu comes up but the "paste" function is always grey'd out.   I
> suspect that copy function does not work.   This is consistent both in pterm and
> ped.   I looked into running the API PhClipboardWrite() to see if there is an error,
> but realized it wouldn't matter if I found one or not as the only return code is -1,
> with no explanation as to why there was an error.
> 
> The target is started with a custom script.   I've checked the processes running
> against the same hardware running a development environment in which the
> cut and paste works, and there doesn't seem to be anything missing.
> 
> I've scanned the documentation looking for how cut and paste works, and there
> is little available.    The only hint at the mechanism is a comment that clipboards
> are  tied to input groups.   I used phin to make sure that the Input Group region
> was the same on both the working and non-working system.   I also investigated
> the "Photon" process command line arguments since it owns the Input group.
> 
> I've run out of ideas as to why this isn't working.   Does anyone know where to
> look next?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> Photon microGUI
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post88173
>