Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends: (10 Items)

Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
Hi,

In my application I'm using PtMTrends and I'm facing a problem with it.

While I'm plotting a graph, when I place/ click the mouse pointer over the trace bar, the graph plotting slows down and 
if the pointer is moved/ released the waveform appears disturbed for a short portion but it get backs to nomral.

This causes distorted waveform and slows the down the plotting. I tried disabling the flag Pt_selectable, Pt_cosume 
events and also by enabling pt_blocked flags. The efforts were in vain.

How to overcome this?

Thanks in advance,
Lakshminarayanan.R
Re: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
Are you using a software mouse pointer? If you do, try switching to H/W.
RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
I'm not quite sure what you mean by switching to S/W / H/W mouse pointer! I have a PS/2 mouse connected to my target and
 I'm using devi-hirun driver for interfacing it with photon. 

Adding more input, I have a touch screen on my target and the same behavior is observed if I touch the trace bar in the 
screen. All I need is to block the interaction with this trend.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 8:02 PM
To: photon-graphics
Subject: Re: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends

Are you using a software mouse pointer? If you do, try switching to H/W.

Photon microGUI
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post41603

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. 
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. 
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
What video driver are you using ?
RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
I'm using svga driver. 

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends

What video driver are you using ?

Photon microGUI
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post41682

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. 
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. 
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 

Re: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
svga driver provides software cursor only, so mouse flickering can't be fixed.
RE: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
We do not require the mouse at all in our system since we are going to use only touch screen. In that case is there any 
solution?

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends

svga driver provides software cursor only, so mouse flickering can't be fixed.

Photon microGUI
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post41685

DISCLAIMER:

Re: RE: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
Disable it completely -- in phgrafx set cursor to 'none'.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
Thanks Misha, the problem is now solved. I have modified the cursor to none in my display configuration file.

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends

Disable it completely -- in phgrafx set cursor to 'none'.

Photon microGUI
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post41707

DISCLAIMER:

Re: RE: RE: Problem with trace bar in PtMTrends  
You shouldn't use the SVGA driver. It is only meant for testing purposes, I do not recommend it for a commercially 
shipped system. What graphics controller are you using? Maybe there is a native graphics driver for it, or you could ask
 QNX to write one for you as part of a Custom Engineering contract.

- Malte