Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Simplest OpenVG rendering pipeline on i.MX35: (1 Item)

Simplest OpenVG rendering pipeline on i.MX35  
I previously posted on the end of another thread (http://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.graphics/
discussion.openvg.topc6930), but I felt it warranted to start a new thread and not embed this topic in a previous one.

We are trying to get OpenVG running on an i.MX35 platform.  So far, all attempts have been unsuccessful.  Listed below 
are a few questions and steps regarding the setup we are currently trying in order to get accelerated OpenVG running.  
We are just looking for the simplest sequence of steps to run the QNX OpenVG graphics demos vg-egl-vsync and vg-egl-
tiger.  No composition manager or window management is needed or desired at this point.

Is it possible to run accelerated OpenVG only using the graphics driver (devg-imx35), io-display, OpenVG and EGL 
libraries (libOpenVG.so.1, libOpenVG-G12.so.1, libEGL.so.1) and a sample application (egl-configs, vg-egl-vsync)?

We are wanting to run OpenVG directly with EGL without using any of the Composition Manager (io-winmgr or OpenKode).  Is
 this model (using only io-display and EGL) possible with OpenVG on the i.MX35?

I have tried the following sequence without success:
1) start io-display (io-display -dvid=0,did=0)
2) run egl-configs

This sequence always fails on the eglGetDisplay with egl_disp_id set to EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY.  This function always 
returns EGL_NO_DISPLAY and fails getting past this stage.

I have tried this with slogger running and this information is output:
Time             Sev Major Minor Args
Jan 01 01:14:55    2     8   300 libkhronos: GRAPHICS_ROOT is not set

All software rendered drawing using only the gf library works correctly.  I suspect the problem we are having isn't with
 OpenVG, but rather the correct setup to use the new libEGL.so.1 library to properly get a handle to the display.

I am currently working in the 6.5.0 release, but I have tried the same steps in the 6.4.1 release with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is now starting to affect our current development evaluation and 
experimentation of the i.MX35 processor.  If this would be better placed in a support ticket please let me know.

Thanks,
--john

Here is the kernel options we are using as well as the display.conf and imx35.conf we are using:
kernel options:
startup-3dsmx35 -c -s -n -L -C -U1 -r0x86000000,0x02000000,1

display.conf:
device {
        drivername=imx35
        vid=0
        did=0
        deviceindex=0
        modeopts=/etc/system/config/imx35-0.conf
        display {
                xres=480
                yres=272
                refresh=60
                pixel_format=rgb565
        }
    }

imx35-0.conf:
xres=480,yres=272,irq=42,refresh=60,hsw=41,hss=43,hew=2,vsw=10,vss=12,vew=2,dmask=0,cidle=0,csel=0,vpol=0,epol=1,dpol=0,
cpol=0,hpol=0,sdc=1,sharp1=0,sharp2=0,ofmt=18,bright=255,clkdwn=0x18,clkup=0x34,clkper=0xe0,vidbase=0x86000000,vidsize=
0x02000000,ovgLibName=/fs/etfs/resources/boot/libOpenVG-G12.so.1