Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware: (4 Items)

How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware  
Environment: 
    VMWare Player 3.1 + QNX 6.4.1 
I copy the demo files ("egl-pdemo"/"gfi-demo") to QNX OS and run it. I got the failure "gfi_group_attach() failed"
Could you please tell me what's wrong with it.

Comments:
1. I have add the VMware device to display.conf
2. I run it under without photon.

Thanks 

=====================================
Chen Shunli
AVNC&IS Division
Neusoft Co., Ltd.  
No.2 Xin Xiu Street. Hun Nan New District,
Shenyang 110179, PRC
Tel:+86 24 83664044 
Fax:+86 24 23781242
Email:chensl@neusoft.com
Http://www.neusoft.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) 
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of 
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is 
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying 
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please 
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from 
your system. Thank you. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware  
The gfi-demo is not an opengles demo and you'll need a touch screen or mouse.

Regardless, if you'd like to run it, you can try ensuring io-hid and devi-hid is running.

If not you can try:

io-hid -dusb
devi-hid -rP mouse

If your more interested in gles, you can try running egl-gears.

Note however, these are all legacy applications. Our new graphics uses composition manager (io-winmgr) to run graphical 
applications in a composited windowing system environment. Some of these applications can be found in the public svn 
repository under trunk/apps/kd and trunk/apps/egl.

It's probably also worth mentioning we support accelerated gles2 and vg on various platforms. Currently, we only support
 software gles1.0 under vmware.

-Joel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue 6/8/2010 10:29 PM
To: opengles-graphics
Subject: How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware

Environment: 
    VMWare Player 3.1 + QNX 6.4.1 
I copy the demo files ("egl-pdemo"/"gfi-demo") to QNX OS and run it. I got the failure "gfi_group_attach() failed"
Could you please tell me what's wrong with it.

Comments:
1. I have add the VMware device to display.conf
2. I run it under without photon.

Thanks 

Chen Shunli
AVNC&IS Division
Neusoft Co., Ltd.  
No.2 Xin Xiu Street. Hun Nan New District,
Shenyang 110179, PRC
Tel:+86 24 83664044 
Fax:+86 24 23781242
Email:chensl@neusoft.com
Http://www.neusoft.com
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) 
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of 
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is 
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying 
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.If you have received this communication in error,please 
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from 
your system. Thank you. 

OpenGL ES
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post56350

Re: How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware  
Thanks for your quickly response.
Our aim is Navigation with hardware, but we need a PC Simulator also. So I 
think we can run it at VMware.

I try to run egl-gears just now but there is problem:
    I run it without photon( Because the function eglChooseConfig return 0 
config with photon running ).
    After the egl-gears ran, the window is change to black but nothing 
displayed in it.

Please check the attached 2 SnapShots.

Thanks 
your system. Thank you. 
Attachment: Image After Gear.JPG 38.07 KB Image Before Gear.JPG 30.32 KB
Re: How to display OpengGL Demos with VMware  
More Informations:
1. The OpenGL ES version is 1.4
2. Please check the attached display.conf 
your system. Thank you. 
Attachment: Text display.conf 1.36 KB