Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Colorspace/Window formats drm-intel: (2 Items)

Colorspace/Window formats drm-intel  
I'm using QNX 6.6, drm-intel and screen.  I've put rgb888 as the format for the frame buffer of our 1080p display, yet I
 am unable to create a window using SCREEN_FORMAT_RGB888 as the window format.  Get an error saying it is not supported.

It will only work with RGBA8888 or RGBX8888. 

I'm using the render buffers directly with a video capture system so that we can get real-time video.  I would like to 
avoid any transformations that slow things down too much and so if possible would like to go directly from 24bit RBG to 
24bit RGB.

Is there a way get get screen to give me a window using SCREEN_FORMAT_RGB888 so that the render buffers use 24 bits?

Thanks
Kevin
RE: Colorspace/Window formats drm-intel  
Bonjour,

The intel-drm wfd is not supporting RGB888

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
Sent: April-10-15 12:51 PM
To: cwm-graphics
Subject: Colorspace/Window formats drm-intel

I'm using QNX 6.6, drm-intel and screen.  I've put rgb888 as the format for the frame buffer of our 1080p display, yet I
 am unable to create a window using SCREEN_FORMAT_RGB888 as the window format.  Get an error saying it is not supported.

It will only work with RGBA8888 or RGBX8888. 

I'm using the render buffers directly with a video capture system so that we can get real-time video.  I would like to 
avoid any transformations that slow things down too much and so if possible would like to go directly from 24bit RBG to 
24bit RGB.

Is there a way get get screen to give me a window using SCREEN_FORMAT_RGB888 so that the render buffers use 24 bits?

Thanks
Kevin

CWM/OpenKODE
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post113696
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail cwm-graphics-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com