Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - CM/OpenKODE image display oddity: (2 Items)

CM/OpenKODE image display oddity  
First off, this is on an imx35 (not sure it matter for this case, but wanted to mention it).

I'm seeing some oddities that I cannot explain with a particular type of image.  The image is a png, RBGA, 8 bits of 
color.

In the gf_* world, I have an image that I blit to the screen.  I do this (in a very simple case) by loading the image 
with img_load_file(), wrap a surface around it with gf_surface_attach(), then I blit it to a surface that is attached to
 a real hardware layer.  It looks greate.

In the CM/OpenKODE world, I try to mimic this by loading the image with img_load_file(), wrapping a surface around it 
with gf_surface_attach(), and then blitting that surface to an eglSurface using:

gf_context_set_surface_3d();
gf_draw_begin();
gf_draw_blit2() (with the dest surface as NULL, and the source surface as the one from gf_surface_attach())
gf_draw_end();
eglSwapBuffers();

The load and display "work", but the image is banded; it's like it's trying to be displayed on an RGB565 surface.  
However, I've verified that the surface should be correct (here's a description using the same messages as are printed 
from many of the sample apps):

EGL_VENDOR = QNX Software Systems
EGL_VERSION = 1.4
EGL_CLIENT_APIS = OpenGL_ES OpenVG 
EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_KHR_lock_surface EGL_QNX_gf_surface EGL_QNX_swap_interval
EGL_CONFIG_ID = 1
EGL_RED_SIZE = 8
EGL_GREEN_SIZE = 8
EGL_BLUE_SIZE = 8
EGL_ALPHA_SIZE = 8
EGL_DEPTH_SIZE = 0
EGL_LEVEL = 0
EGL_NATIVE_RENDERABLE = EGL_TRUE
EGL_NATIVE_VISUAL_TYPE = 5152
EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE = 0x0000
EGL_SURFACE_TYPE = 0x0487
EGL_TRANSPARENT_TYPE = EGL_NONE

So my question is, what is causing the banding?  
Re: CM/OpenKODE image display oddity  
As an aside, I also tried this using the openvg calls for images, and I get the same results.