Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Address of frame buffer: Page 1 of 6 (6 Items)

Address of frame buffer  
Hello,

Is there any way to find the address and size of the system frame buffer? I have an application that must save the 
current content of the screen, use hardware encoding to turn it to jpeg and send it via ethernet to another device where
 it is decoded and shown on screen. 

From my research, in order to do the above, I would need somehow to access the frame buffer, copy it into a local buffer
, apply some DCE functions and obtain the jpeg in a file I can then send. But I haven't found any reference to the 
actual address where the buffer is stored (if I know this, I can easily use memcpy to access it). 

As a final note, I don't want to make a screen shot (this was already done in a previous version of my app, one without 
hardware encoding), but actually work with the raw frame buffer. Actual code or functions  would be of use, I'm trying 
not to use other apps that may slow my device down (I'm working under strict cpu limitations).

Any info would be appreciated.