Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Is there any frame buffer concept in QNX Display Driver ? : Page 1 of 9 (9 Items)

Is there any frame buffer concept in QNX Display Driver ?  
Hi Experts,

Is there any frame buffer concept in QNX for display driver. I am working on porting display driver on omap2430. I 
couldn't find any omap2430 bsp on the website. I looked at the IMX21 bsp. It has the display driver reference in devg 
folder. I kind of got the idea how display driver is populating function pointer in DISP_ADD_FUNCTION and some of them 
are implemented in them, but I couldn't see any code where it is mapping a memory from SRAM/SDRAM as part of frame 
buffer. I saw the config file imx21.conf as well but could not the see the reference of memory as frame buffer.

Do we have framebuffer concept in QNX? How is the display driver rendering the image on the LCD panel?

I would appreciate the reply. I am using QNX6.5. 

Regards