Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can't crop video in GF after initial setup: (2 Items)

Can't crop video in GF after initial setup  
I'm using the GF video-capture API to display video on an ADS5121.  At the end of "Using the Video-Capture API" (http://
cvs.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.4.0/gf/dev_guide/vidcap.html) it says:

"At this point the video-capture device is started, and it's sending video to the layer we bound to it. You can now 
adjust the appearance of the video by: 
- cropping the captured video by using gf_vcap_set_input_viewport() "

I can call gf_vcap_set_input_viewport() during initial video setup then it works fine and the video is cropped as 
desired.  If I try to call gf_vcap_set_input_viewport() after the video has been running for awhile then the call seems 
to have no effect.  I am calling gf_vcap_update() after the the call to set input viewport.  I also verified that both 
GF_LAYER_CAP_PAN_SOURCE and GF_LAYER_CAP_PAN_DEST are enabled by calling gf_layer_query.

I need to be able to dynamically crop the incoming video.  Any thoughts?  Do I need to disable and then enable video 
capture or the layer the video is being displayed on?  If it matters, the video is being displayed on the main layer.

Thanks.
Re: Can't crop video in GF after initial setup  
Came across a method that worked.  Thought I'd post in case it is useful to someone else.  What worked was to do both a 
gf_vcap_disable and gf_vcap_detach and then do the video setup as was done at the first initialization.