Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - Booting image from ETFS 2048 formatted partition?: (2 Items)

Booting image from ETFS 2048 formatted partition?  
I have already modified our PPC BSP IPLs to boot an os image from the ETFS 2048 raw partition.  However, I see some 
advantages (wear levelling, page refresh) in storing our boot image in the formatted partition.

Has anyone figured out and be willing to share how to traverse the formatted partition looking for a well known filename
 containing a  bootable image and loading it?
Re: Booting image from ETFS 2048 formatted partition?  
David,

The code to scan the filesystem is in the ETFS source in the file lib/etfs/etfs.c.  You'll be looking for etfs_scan(), 
and all of it's sub functions.  There currently isn't any code to scan the filesystem looking for only a specific file.

An IPL with this support would have to scan the entire ETFS partition, to locate all of the transactions which make up 
the specified fid.  The biggest issue I see with this is boot times, as larger NAND parts would result in extra seconds 
being added to the boot time.  For a ball-park, run etfs with verbosity, it will print out how long it took to come up. 
 Expect that any IPL booting from the formatted ETFS partition will add this amount of time to the boot process.

David