Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - /var/log/syslog: Corrupted file system detected: (2 Items)

/var/log/syslog: Corrupted file system detected  
The above error message is returned when I try to read /var/log/syslog.  I 've invoked the syslog daemon in /etc/rc.d/rc
.local with the command "/usr/sbin/syslogd", that is, without any switches or options.

The context of the PC104s that we're using is that they are put into vehicles for data acquisition and control.  Thus 
the computers (and disks and their interfaces) are subject to noise and power failure.  

Does anyone know either how to prevent system log file corruption, or of a way to recover a corrupted file?

Thanks!
Re: /var/log/syslog: Corrupted file system detected  
> The above error message is returned when I try to read /var/log/syslog.  I 've
>  invoked the syslog daemon in /etc/rc.d/rc.local with the command "/usr/sbin/
> syslogd", that is, without any switches or options.
> 
> The context of the PC104s that we're using is that they are put into vehicles 
> for data acquisition and control.  Thus the computers (and disks and their 
> interfaces) are subject to noise and power failure.  
> 
> Does anyone know either how to prevent system log file corruption, or of a way
>  to recover a corrupted file?
> 
> Thanks!

- Run chkfsys
- set commit=high in devb-eide

Or switch to the new fs-qnx6 filesystem when 6.4 comes out.