Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to configure QNX OS so that it can follow a MBR/EBR partition table format: (1 Item)

How to configure QNX OS so that it can follow a MBR/EBR partition table format  
Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody could point me to right direction.

As per the QNX documentation, QNX can understand MBR/EBR partition formats and can parse the same. Our current solution 
has a number of partition entries in the MBR/EBR that we are somehow not able to see once QNX is running. It seems that 
QNX is somehow corrupting the MBR/EBR programmed in the device. To avoid this we would like to allocate a QNX partition 
in the MBR/EBR partition table such that QNX can identify that is the only partition that is accessible to them instead 
of taking over the complete device.

I have the following questions:

(1)    When there is a valid MBR/EBR, in what scenario would QNX completely erase the device?

(2)    How can I get QNX to recognize our MBR/EBR partition table programmed in the device?

(3)    How can I get a single QNX partition in the MBR/EBR that QNX can use only that partition for their file system 
and leave the rest of the region intact?

(4)    What type would this need to be for QNX to identify its partition. The MBR partition types indicates it should be
 type=77.

(5)    We already use the type 77 for some other non-QNX partition. Can that cause an issue?

I would highly appreciate any information on this.

Thanks.
Asheesh.