Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - dtrace build issue: (2 Items)

dtrace build issue  
Hi,

My setup has a standalone x86 qnx machine.

I have downloaded qnx dtrace source code through svn and followed the instructions for dtrace source build.  I couldn't 
successfully build dtrace source code.  Could you please clarify the following?

a. Should I be building QNX OS/Kernel source before building dtrace?

b. Though both the OS and dtrace source have "trunk" folders, I couldn't find Makefile within dtrace/trunk.  Should we 
explicitly create a Makefile within dtrace/trunk for its build to succeed?  If so, what should be its contents for "make
 CPULIST=x86 hinstall" in dtrace build to work?

Thanks and Regards,
Grunush
Re: dtrace build issue  
Hi Grunush,

You shouldn't need to build the kernel source.

However you should not build the 'trunk' of dtrace - it's not in a sane state.  If you want to play around
and get to know the source, use branches/old_dev_dtrace - that should build for you.  Make sure to do a make
hinstall; make install - and setup a stage directory! (see the QNX OS Project for details on how to do that
if you don't know how)

Cheers,

Colin

Grunush D wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> My setup has a standalone x86 qnx machine.
> 
> I have downloaded qnx dtrace source code through svn and followed the instructions for dtrace source build.  I 
couldn't successfully build dtrace source code.  Could you please clarify the following?
> 
> a. Should I be building QNX OS/Kernel source before building dtrace?
> 
> b. Though both the OS and dtrace source have "trunk" folders, I couldn't find Makefile within dtrace/trunk.  Should we
 explicitly create a Makefile within dtrace/trunk for its build to succeed?  If so, what should be its contents for "
make CPULIST=x86 hinstall" in dtrace build to work?
>    
> Thanks and Regards,
> Grunush
> 
> _______________________________________________
> General
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post9979
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com