Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Cron use file update re PR65361: (3 Items)

Cron use file update re PR65361  
Hi,

I was digging through the sources trying to debug some issues we were having with cron on 6.3.2 (likely the result of 
our automatic system time synchronization) and I was very pleased to find that you'd beaten me to the punch in putting 
in a poll mode. Thanks! :)

I did notice that the use file wasn't updated with the new -s option, though.  Is this something that's normally handled
 separately through a documentation PR, or is it the responsibility of a developer issuing a patch to update the docs 
with the source files?

Curious,

-Will
Re: Cron use file update re PR65361  
Will Miles wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I was digging through the sources trying to debug some issues we were having with cron on 6.3.2 (likely the result of 
our automatic system time synchronization) and I was very pleased to find that you'd beaten me to the punch in putting 
in a poll mode. Thanks! :)
> 
> I did notice that the use file wasn't updated with the new -s option, though.  Is this something that's normally 
handled separately through a documentation PR, or is it the responsibility of a developer issuing a patch to update the 
docs with the source files?

The use message should have been updated by the developer and the PR 
should have been cloned for the tech writers to update the documentation.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield
Re: Cron use file update re PR65361  
Ryan Mansfield wrote:
> 
> The use message should have been updated by the developer and the PR 
> should have been cloned for the tech writers to update the documentation.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Ryan Mansfield

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply!  If I spot any others I'll make sure to pass a note along, then.  I just wanted to be sure it 
wasn't something taken care of elsewhere as part of your development process.   At least I've got the sources to look at
 now - no more disassembling the binaries to find the getopts() arguments. :)

Thanks again,

-Will