Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - usblauncher_otg: (1 Item)

usblauncher_otg  
Hello,

I'm trying to get auto-mounting of USB devices (mainly umass) working on the RPi4 and Xilinx MP-SOC's (both aarch64le). 
With the help of the QNX support guy I managed to start pps and provide the correct arguments to usblauncher_otg and 
have it create entries in /dev. It started devb-umass and when I insert a simple thumbdrive (either with a t12 or t177 
partition) it simply cretes /dev/umass0, /dev/umass1, and /dev/umass2. Using fdisk, only the umass2 shows a valid 
(support) filesystem partition (12 and 177 respectively). I start usblauncher_otg as follows:

usblauncher_otg -vvv -E -e -0 -m /pps

I am not seeing anything in the output log indicating anything wrong. It sees the thumbdrives being inserted and removed
 - it simply won't mount any partition (under /fs or anywhere else).

I'm using the supplied rules.lua and rules.mnt files but it simply won;t mount either of these partition types to 
produce /fs/usb0, /fs/usb1, etx.

I am wondering is this is because there are no /dev/umass2t12 or /dev/umasst177 entries? 

If so, who/what actually does this. Is it devb-umass that looks into the umass device to see what partitions are there 
and create/mount them so that a later mount will work? The arguments provided to devb-umass are quite numerous and are 
based (I think) on what is in the rules.lua file.

Apparently I should see in the usblauncher_otg output log entries referring to do_mount_fsys. But I don't. And I can't 
find out why - this stuff doesn't seem to be documented much - or if it is it's hard to find.

The other mystery with this is why I see /dev/umass0 and /dev/umass2 - neither of which relate it seems to any supported
 partition type. I don't see this when I manually and mionimally start devb-umass cam pnp name=umass.

Can someone provide some enlightenment please? I'm struggling a bit with this one! :-)

Thanks,

Geoff.