Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - make sense of Pidin, Hogs, Top: (1 Item)

make sense of Pidin, Hogs, Top  
Hi 
I am trying to analyse the memory usage of each processes with the utlities provided by QNX, somehow the showmem util is
 gone. 
Anyway when I run pidin mem, hogs, or top, the memory data I see makes no sense these doesnt sum up.
Probably because I dont understand what I am looking at.

Can you guys explain a bit how  I can best use these tools for following purposes.
I want to list all processes, see a snapshot every 10 seconds, how much heap (dynamic allocation) and stack allocation 
they have used

Then all the shared libs/mems, how much of that is part of the memory a specific process is used. Which is the pdin -m 
option you get all these memory but shall sum everything and add that to get the total memory a process uses?

I still do not know how to analyse the dynamic heap usage yet by each process.

I tried to get some inspiration from your own memory analysis tool. But those data should be part of the data you get 
from pidin... except the heap part.

Or do you have any other strategy, I basically would like to gather these snapshots and save them as a file and parse 
them later on another tool. Since I cant directly use your graphical memory analysis tool. I need to automate this.