Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Per client notification from resource manager?: (1 Item)

Per client notification from resource manager?  
I have a resource manager that gathers data at modest rates from an A/D (as in 500Hz).  It's high enough that I'd rather
 only notify clients when an event happens and have them come grab relevant data and not send all samples to all clients
.  For example, each client might specify a trigger level for a signal crossing.  I'd like to support io_notify in this 
resource manager, because some clients will use select().  The io_notify approach is well explained in the documentation
 and for the standard iofunc_notify_trigger, this works well.

My question is, if each client has its own OCB in the resource manager (which I've expanded to include this info) and 
I've added a list of all open clients (OCBs) in the device attribute (again, all nicely explained in the docs!), then is
 there a proper way to call iofunc_notify_trigger() on a per client basis, because not all clients will need 
notification at the same time.  It seems like the "strict" version is what I'm looking for, but it wants a ctp - can I 
get this from the OCB?  (I think I know how to do this in a QNX specific way with MsgDeliverEvent, but at least for some
 clients, I'd like to stick to the POSIX io_notify).

Thanks!