Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Is this a an valid configuration file: (9 Items)

Is this a an valid configuration file  
or just an incomplete example  of pci_hw-template.cfg?

# Example entry
# -------------
# For the second device with VID/DID 0x1234/0xabcd, use 16MB for BAR 1, 256MB
# for BAR 3 and 1 MB for BAR 5 (none of these could be 64 bit BAR's)
#
# 1234;abcd;1;1:8;3:12;5:4
#
#
#############################  S E C T I O N  ##################################
#
[interrupts]
#
# PCI Interrupt Pin Assignments and IRQ mappings
# ----------------------------------------------
#

#############################  S E C T I O N  ##################################
#
[slots]
#
# Chassis and Slot Mappings
# -------------------------
#

#
[aspace]
#
# Address Space
# -------------
#
# ASPACE_FILTER=
#

#
[rbar]
#
# Resizable BAR Overrides
# -----------------------
#
Re: Is this a an valid configuration file  
template files exist to document the usage and use examples to do that. They are not expected to be used as is.
What entry in particular is causing confusion?
Do we have to fill out all sections?  Or is it optional?
We have just to assigne the Interrupt for a decent PCI board ...
all parameters within a config file are optional as is the use of a config file itself.
You need only add entries for the parameters you wish to control/alter
Armin, as an aside, I believe you had commented in this forum previously about having problems with IRQ assignments for 
legacy devices (in which MSI/MSI-X was not supported). Without having the details, I believe this is probably related to
 missing chipset support in the SDP7 released version of the Intel HW module which was version 2.0. This module is now 
at revision 2.4 and among other changes, includes support for many (but perhaps still not all) of the newer chipsets.
You should be able to obtain access to this HW module by contacting your sales rep or FAE
Some PCI Local Bus Specification Revision 2.1 based  audio interfaces are supported by QNX 7.0!

That means it should be possible to support other  PCI Local Bus Specification Revision 2.1 based  PCI boards.

The PCI server is able to assign memory to the PCI config space, a PCI config file allows to generate an OS image with 
an Interrupt assigned to an individual PCI 2.1 device.

What's the problem?  Is the PCI lib of QNX7 ignoring PCI 2.1 based devices?
I had already replied to previous posts that we do not explicitly exclude any version of PCI device.
The problem description you provide does not give any real insight into what specific problem it is you are having.
Perhaps collect some pci-tool output, slog2info etc and we may be able to assist you
> I had already replied to previous posts that we do not explicitly exclude any 
> version of PCI device.

Sorry, it isn't true for versions of QNX 6.x.
The support of  devices based on the parallel PCI bus is a littlebit lousy under QNX 7.x 

> The problem description you provide does not give any real insight into what 
> specific problem it is you are having.

The fact that we have to create speciallized OS images for parallel bus PCI devices could be better.documented!!

> Perhaps collect some pci-tool output, slog2info etc and we may be able to 
> assist you

My question was:"A fter creating an adapted OS Image - for manually assigning an IRQ - are parallel bus PCI devices 
fully supported??".

BTW ... long time ago, I provided a screendump of pci-tool showing that no IRQ has been assigned!!
I haven't seen hints about PCI config files a.s.o.

Regards
Armin

Michael Kisel wrote:
> I had already replied to previous posts that we do not explicitly exclude any version of PCI device.
> The problem description you provide does not give any real insight into what specific problem it is you are having.
> Perhaps collect some pci-tool output,

The output of pci-tool isn't correct. It doesn't show the real assigned 
IRQ and its pin!! Please see my last posting!
Also: the assignment of IRQs by the pci-server is weak documented ... 
however its seems not yet implemented!

That means at the end -> the support of local bus PCI devices is 
currently not existent!

Armin

> PS:  slog2info etc and we may be able to assist you
really ?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> OSTech
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post120835
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com