Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - queries related to QNX Neutrino RTOS functionality & coding standard: (7 Items)

queries related to QNX Neutrino RTOS functionality & coding standard  
I have some queries related to QNX Neutrino RTOS
1. Whether it provides multi-application support just like Android OS in which new application can be installed in 
future without interfering existing application running on OS.
2. Is this OS MISRA 2012 complaint.
Re: queries related to QNX Neutrino RTOS functionality & coding standard  
Hi Sanjay,
1. Yes, QNX supports full POSIX process model, so this can be accomplished very easily.
2. Whether the Microkernel/Process Manager (procnto - the actual core of the QNX OS) and the C lib are MISRA compliant 
is a question that the QNX guys would need to answer.
But if you have the requirement of creating an application that is MISRA compliant you will have good chances to achieve
 that because procnto/libc are pre-certified to a number of standards related to safety/security, and your application 
will be contained in a dedicated process that is completely isolated from the rest of the system.

-Al
May I know the name of person who can answer my second query
It is not clear what you are asking. MISRA is a coding standard. Are you asking whether QNX develops its own code 
according to the standard, or whether you can develop code for a QNX system using this standard?

--Elad
I am asking that whether QNX develops its own code according to the MISRA standard
I am asking that whether QNX develops its own code according to the MISRA standard
QNX has its own coding standard, which aligns with MISRA in many respects but is not itself MISRA 2012.

--Elad