Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - OS restart: (6 Items)

OS restart  
Hello every body

My processor is PPC440EP which has QNX 6.5 as Operating system on it.
An application is run which I has developed by myself and after a while (about 10 hours), the OS is getting restarted.
In my code in some places I called "shutdown" system call for a certain purpose and before I call that system call, I 
put down "printf" and "fflush (stdout);" in the code. I suppose that after the OS is getting restarted, I see the logs 
from "printf", but I do not.
Is it possible that the OS is getting restarted from somewhere else?(such as socket programming section or corruption on
 network's driver or something like that? )
Is it possible the restarting situation is because of the SIGSEGV or SEGFAULT or any other signals like them?

King regards.
Re: OS restart  
maybe You have a watch dog that is not retriggered in time?
OS should be restarted for a crash in interrupts or drivers...
maybe You can log the terminal messages to catch the problem.
bye
Yes i have it but i have another watchdog kicker app which kick watchdog every 2.5 seconds.
I suggest to You to disable the watch-dog as first thing and
to check if someone of Your threads may block the refresh 
of wdt in some critical moment. 
btw, What is the expiring period  of watch dog? 

Bye

At first thank for your kindly reply.
Then i must correct the previous reply which i said kick watchdog every 2.5 seconds.I make mistake i kick wtchdoh every 
100 ms in my kick watchdog app.Also in first app i use watchdog to reset every 2.5 seconds.Already i disabled watchdog 
in my app and test it again . Till now OS do not reset

Regards

You should check the priorities of the watchdog kick thread and compare it to the priorities of your applications and 
also other threads in the system (for instance, some threads inside io-pkt or devb-* drivers have fixed priorities of 21
 to serve the media).

Maybe the watchdog kick thread is simply starved of CPU time.

-Al