Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]: (5 Items)

Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]  
Hi,

I am using QNX for a University class. I have Hyper-V installed (using Docker for other classes). I know QNX has VMware 
images to install . However, Hyper-V and Vmware cannot run side-by-side. Therefore, is it possible to have an iso of the
 RTOS Neutrino to run? I would like to avoid rebooting my computer and deisabling Hyper-V between each of my assignments

Thank you
RE: Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]  
Does HyperV not have a VMWare import function? I'd be surprise if it doesn't.
For the most part there is nothing VMWare-specific about the image. The main issue when migrating between hypervisors is
 the format of the virtual disk.

(There are some exceptions, such as graphics and networking, but graphics is not currently supported in VMWare anyway, 
and networking is fairly standardized.)

--Elad
Sent: September-16-19 11:54 PM
To: ostech-core_os
Subject: Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]

Hi,

I am using QNX for a University class. I have Hyper-V installed (using Docker for other classes). I know QNX has VMware 
images to install . However, Hyper-V and Vmware cannot run side-by-side. Therefore, is it possible to have an iso of the
 RTOS Neutrino to run? I would like to avoid rebooting my computer and deisabling Hyper-V between each of my assignments

Thank you

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post119935
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]  
Hi,

Not that I am aware. I tried everything under my belt for 3-4h. Hyper-V does not accept .vmx files. Also, nothing worked
 to transfer a .vmx into a .iso. 
Re: Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]  
Hi Étienne,

I'm wondering what version of QNX SDP  you need? 6.5 or 7.0?

For 6.5, the ISO can be found at: http://www.qnx.com/download/feature.html?programid=23647
For 7.0, I don't see any prebuilt ISO yet, but SDP 7 has an evaluation version, which can be found at http://blackberry.
qnx.com/en/sdp7/sdp70_download.
Your school might have access to that. Basically once the SDP 7 installed (either directly on your computer or in a VM, 
e.g. a Linux VM), you'd then be able to build images yourself, which can be used with QEMU, instead of VMware (If the 
problem was because Hyper-v running underneath).

Would this way work for you? Let me know if you need help on this.
Re: Installing QNX with Hyper-V [Student]  
Hi,

The iso for the 6.5 is the Host iso. I am not very versed in QNX and my teacher did not explain anything. So from my 
very unofficial understanding, you need a host OS with an SDP (I have the 7.0 on windows) and a Target VM. When your 
code is ready, you ship it to your target VM and it executes it. 

Am I mistaken?

I tried with the first iso you provided and it gets stuck as it does not see any partitions in my virtual disk. Other 
than that, it is a Host iso. Therefore, I am not sure if this is what I need...?

For now, I have the software center installed with the SDP 7.0. I just need a "way" to run the code in a QNX VM (if I 
understood everything correctly).