Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can QDB meet the requirements of ISO 26262.: (3 Items)

Can QDB meet the requirements of ISO 26262.  
Our project want use Sqlite to store HDMap,  but our product must  meet ASIL B. Can we use QDB intead?
Re: Can QDB meet the requirements of ISO 26262.  
Since QDB uses SQLite as a backend, I would argue that this will impose the same issues than with using SQLite raw.
A search on ISO 26262 compliant databases doesn't give a lot of hits, I guess that the standard is so new that you won't
 find a lot of mature products that have been developed to this standard simply because the standard wasn't there.
Whatever product you select, you will probably need to do an evaluation yourself, and will prpbably need the 
manufacturers input to this end. There are several companies out there that specialize in embedded database development.
 ITTIA comes to my mind, but there may be others.
You could also try to contact the company behind SQLite to see what comes form their end.

Regards,
Albrecht
Re: Can QDB meet the requirements of ISO 26262.  
Edition 1 of ISO 26262 was published in 2011 and so it's been around for a long time and the QNX OS is certified to ISO 
26262 at ASIL D. Version 2 appeared at the end of 2018.

I don't know of any databases that have been certified in accordance with ISO 26262 (that doesn't mean that there aren't
 any). Remember that a system containing uncertified components may still be certified.