Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - pci-bios and pci-bios-v2: (3 Items)

pci-bios and pci-bios-v2  
Hello,

I am working with an acromag xcom-6400 board with an acromag acex-4600 carrier.

QNX 6.5(not SP1) installed fine. 

I have installed 2 PMC cards. a GE qpm-1553 card and a tewsTPMC-385 quad ethernet card.

When using a buildile with startup-bios and pci-bios the GE QPM-1553 runs fine, but QNX can't detect when the ethernet 
cable os connected to the tews card, so i doesn't work. .

When using a buildifile with startup-apic and pci-bios-v2 the tews ethernet card works fine, but the ge QPM-1553 crashes
. also i loss the USB 3.0 ports

the last lines in the sloginfo shows when the ge card crashes.

The acromag is PCI express, so for the PMC it have a bridge PCIe to PCI.

the ethernet card is PMC, but internally have a bridge PCI to PCIe
The chipset in the ethernet card is a i82574L

When using startup-apic, if i run pci-bios after the computer has booted( pci-bios-v2 is already running) the GE QPM-
1553 works fine, but still the usb 3.0 ports are not present

Attachment: Text sloginfo.txt 10.86 KB
Re: pci-bios and pci-bios-v2  
Hi Alfonso,

I'm not a QNX employee, but I ran in to a similar problem with a newer Adlink SBC we use at my company.   I think your 
problems might stem from the mapping of PCI interrupts to IRQs -- pci-bios only works for devices where the BIOS does 
the IRQ routing, so it's dependent on what the BIOS does; and the current release version of pci-bios-v2 can't reliably 
route IRQs through PCI bridges.   So either one will leave something broken.

For our usage, I kluged in support for bridge routing to pci-bios-v2 with the attached patch to the BSP.   If you apply 
this and recompile pci-bios-v2, it might also work for your problem.

If it doesn't work, I might suggest posting in the BSP or Networking forums - the folks there are probably in a better 
position to help.

Good luck,
-Will
Attachment: Text pci-bios-v2-routing-fix.diff 5.21 KB
Re: pci-bios and pci-bios-v2  
Thanks will,

i tried the patch, but for some reason it runs on my virtual machine, but on the target computer it crashes. 

I wil ask on the bsp forum