Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - QNX machine hung state: (3 Items)

QNX machine hung state  
we have a primary and secondary system running QNX 6.3.0 sp3.
for some reason, the primary system was in a hung state, therefore the user could not log in to it through the GUI, but 
the machine was pingable, although was not able to telnet or phindows to the machine. Also it was noted that the 
failover to the backup system did not kick in (this is a fully functional setup with HAM). 
the question is, are there any dump files that I can share with the qnx team, like in Windows, in order to understand 
what put the system into a hung state. Ironically, couple of hours ago, there was a checkfile on the same machine, 
therefore that should rule out any corruption issues.
Re: QNX machine hung state  
can i get a reply on this ? any questions?
Re: QNX machine hung state  
Hi, isn't an easy question to be answered ... 
It's seems to me that a process or an interrupt  on Your system is consuming the most part 
of Cpu time:  GUI , telnet and phindows simply do not have time to run .

Because Your machine responds to ping , Your blocking process should have a priority in the 
range from telnet's priority (suppose 10) up to network driver (check it - suppose 21).

An idea to trace  the problem, You can write a process with an higher priority (>max) to capture
the system process state when in such condition,  so You may be able to detect the process 
that is blocking Your system. You can arrage an hardware trigger to start such 'dumper' or
use a sw watch dog trigger if an haedware one is not available.
regards,
m. sangalli