Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - qnx on virtual box- installation problems: (10 Items)

qnx on virtual box- installation problems  
I am trying to install qnx 6.5(I can only download this , version 6.6 doesnt give me any option of downloading) on my 
virtual box. After installation/mounting, it asks me for login and password. I have not setup any accounts yet. what is 
the login and password ? 
Re: qnx on virtual box- installation problems  
Try root. You should be able to download QNX6.60 from the website http://www.qnx.com/download/feature.html?programid=
I am a beginner so please bear with me. OK. I got the licence for qnx 6.6 sdp and downloaded and installed the qnx 6.6 
sdp for linux. Now to use the IDE to compile programs on a virtual machine, i tried to install the qnx 6.6 iso image for
 vmware but somehow I am stuck at the installation which repeatedly says "This will overwrite the filesystem under /dev/
hd0/ with the qnx sdp 6.6.0. Is this what you would like to do ? Y or N ". To which I say Yes and then it proceeds to 
only give me the same prompt again. 

Please help. 
I would suggest you to do one thing at a time. For now, install the QNX SDP 6.60 first. Install it using VMware. If you 
encounter any problems that you don't understand, simply answer what you think it is right for you. After all, you can 
always remove it since it is a virtual machine.

Sorry, I didn't encounter any problems during installations. Can't really help much.
Hi,

I just installed the iso image on a vmware a few minutes ago without any issues, so it should be possible. 

What's your exact response to the question "Is this what you would like to do" ? I just typed "y", followed by ENTER. 
Also, make sure the letter "y" actually appeared on the screen -- e.g., I'm working with a german keyboard, where 
striking the "y" key will actually appear as a "z" due to the US keyboard layout used by the installer.

Also, what version and flavor (workstation/...) of VMware are you using? How is it configured (RAM, disk size, CPUs, ...
)?

Best regards,
Thomas
First of all I am not using VMware. I am using Oracle Virtualbox on my Mac. I have installed Linux on my virtual machine
 and then installed the QNX sdp in Linux. Now to use the IDE of QNX to load programs on a target machine, I want to 
install QNX neutrino as another virtual machine and this is what I cannot accomplish. Is this the way to go or am I 
missing something ?
And I am using an american keyboard so there are no issues with Y or N . 
Nevermind. I got it working. Thanks
Great! What was it?

- Thomas

Great! What was it?

- Thomas

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post114241
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com