Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can I output slogger to a syslog server?: (3 Items)

Can I output slogger to a syslog server?  
I thought I read somewhere that allowed me to redirect slogger to a syslog server.  
I understand the differences between the two, slogger is a ring buffer and syslogd writes to a file.  But I have a 
syslog server and I have most of my code printing output to the slogger file.  I'd like to be able to have the slogger 
writes show up on my syslog server.

Is there such a way??
RE: Can I output slogger to a syslog server?  
I'm not aware of an officially supported slog to syslog gateway, but I definitely wouldn't claim to be an authority on 
the subject.  Alternatives which come to mind are either implementing your own slogger server which forwards using the 
syslog protocol, or a sloginfo style client which proxies to syslog (although message loss is a distinct possibility in 
the client case).

Sent: November-22-13 12:15 PM
To: ostech-core_os
Subject: Can I output slogger to a syslog server?

I thought I read somewhere that allowed me to redirect slogger to a syslog server.
I understand the differences between the two, slogger is a ring buffer and syslogd writes to a file.  But I have a 
syslog server and I have most of my code printing output to the slogger file.  I'd like to be able to have the slogger 
writes show up on my syslog server.

Is there such a way??

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post106992
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Can I output slogger to a syslog server?  
> I'm not aware of an officially supported slog to syslog gateway, but I 
> definitely wouldn't claim to be an authority on the subject.  Alternatives 
> which come to mind are either implementing your own slogger server which 
> forwards using the syslog protocol, or a sloginfo style client which proxies 
> to syslog (although message loss is a distinct possibility in the client case)
> .
> 

Thanks.  That's what I thought...   Too much work for not much return.  I'll just go through my code and change it to 
write to syslog.

-stv