Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Python2.7: (7 Items)

Python2.7  
I'm working on some automated test cases to test Device  OS 10.2.x and have a short term need to have python2.7 
installed on a device.     Can anyone tell me how I go about doing this as well as where I can get python2.7?

Thanks
Makhan Khela
mkhela@blackberry.com
RE: Python2.7  
http://foundry51.qnx.com/svn/repos/deckard-65x/dev/Python-2.7/armle-v7

It's probably simplest (for certain carefully selected values of "simple") to copy it into /developer and to use procmgr
 symlinks ("ln -sP") to link the various bits into place under /usr.

Sent: July-05-13 3:15 PM
To: ostech-core_os
Cc: Matthew Chong
Subject: Python2.7

I'm working on some automated test cases to test Device  OS 10.2.x and have a short term need to have python2.7 
installed on a device.     Can anyone tell me how I go about doing this as well as where I can get python2.7?

Thanks
Makhan Khela
mkhela@blackberry.com

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post102946
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: Python2.7  
Hello,
i would like to get access to this Pyhton2.7 pre-built libraries, but I'm asked for username and password...
Could you share these please? I would like as well to reuse automated python scripts on a qnx target.

Regards,
Sylvain
Hello,

I have tried to compile python (2.7.3) for qnx (6.5.0 SP1) over arm-v7, It works but I have problems with ctypes.

I have seen this repository with precompiled python and I would like to use it, but the server asks for a user/password.

Could you please say me how to get access to this server?

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan.
Re: Python2.7  
I went to the link you provided below.  I'm not sure how/what to select from there to install python2.7.    I haven't 
downloaded or installed such software onto a device.  Would you be able to provide me a few detailed steps necessary?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Makhan Khela
RE: Python2.7  
You should just copy the usr tree across to e.g. /developer.  Depending on exactly what you're doing, you may be able to
 run it from there.  More likely, however, you'll need to use "ln -sP" to symlink in the bits and pieces so that they 
appear to be at /usr.

Sent: July-09-13 11:27 AM
To: ostech-core_os
Subject: Re: Python2.7

I went to the link you provided below.  I'm not sure how/what to select from there to install python2.7.    I haven't 
downloaded or installed such software onto a device.  Would you be able to provide me a few detailed steps necessary?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Makhan Khela

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post103025
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Thanks Neil,

I'm ssh'd into the device as root and need to change permissons in /base so that I may copy to or create symbolic links.
  However,  I keep getting permssion errors.  I've even tried changing owner to root with chown or add permissions with 
chmod 777.   However, in each case I keep getting "Read-only file system eror"

How can I create the files or links by getting around this permissions issue?

Thanks
Makhan Khela