Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - devc-serusb known modules: (2 Items)

devc-serusb known modules  
Hi,

I'm trying to get a USB to serial adaptor running under QNX and have some side questions about how devc-serusb works. I 
found a thread (http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/projects.community/discussion.qnx_momentics_getting_started.topc5707) 
that will probably help me to get it working once I identify the device but have raised some questions.

In it the reply says that the OP needs to specify the module parameter as it is not a known device. Where are the list 
of known devices maintained at runtime? I've looked in /etc/system/enum/usb/char and none of the devices there seem to 
have a module specified. The documentation for devc-serusb mentions the module parameter and the query_modules option to
 the -d parameter but does not explain any further about which ones are suitable (most are recognisable, but what is "
generic".

I'm trying to install the devc DDK in case the examples there are more enlightening.

Thanks.
\
Re: devc-serusb known modules  
The USB to serial device works out of the box with 6.5.0 SP1 so I don't need to know about the module lists any more.