Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - select() not respecting the timeout parameter?: (3 Items)

select() not respecting the timeout parameter?  
Hello,

While working on EMA (the service that enrolls a device into BDS) I noticed that a select.select() call from python 
(which maps into regular C select() Unix/Posix API) does not respect the timeout.

I give it a timeout of 300 (5 min) but it timeouts semi-randomly, sometimes after 8 min, sometimes after 9 or 6 or 5 or 
10... and the consequence of that was promptly reported back to me as a gating issue.

For the time being, I reworked it as a loop with timeout of 0 at select() and a call to time.sleep(), but, does anyone 
have any idea what's going on here?

RE: select() not respecting the timeout parameter?  
Timer harmonization: 

http://foundry51.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.internal_deckard/discussion.announcements.topc31937

-----Original Message-----
Sent: June 28, 2012 3:20 PM
To: ostech-core_os
Subject: select() not respecting the timeout parameter?

Hello,

While working on EMA (the service that enrolls a device into BDS) I noticed that a select.select() call from python 
(which maps into regular C select() Unix/Posix API) does not respect the timeout.

I give it a timeout of 300 (5 min) but it timeouts semi-randomly, sometimes after 8 min, sometimes after 9 or 6 or 5 or 
10... and the consequence of that was promptly reported back to me as a gating issue.

For the time being, I reworked it as a loop with timeout of 0 at select() and a call to time.sleep(), but, does anyone 
have any idea what's going on here?

OSTech
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post93939
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail ostech-core_os-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
Re: RE: select() not respecting the timeout parameter?  
Thanks... that opens some more possibilities for fixing my problem :)