Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - OS/micro-kernel Hangs??: (2 Items)

OS/micro-kernel Hangs??  
I am struggling (rather gasping :-) at a problem where OS seems to hang completely.

So far, I have seen two different behaviors:

One where Interrupt flag was disabled and HLT was executed. See, Jan-19-2012.bmp.

Another where Interrupt flag was enabled and HLT was executed. See, tb1-hang-no-access.bmp

In both cases, system did not respond to ssh/keyboard/mouse. We are using procnto-smp-instr. I don't have access to 
source code. We are running 6.4.0.

tb1-hang-no-access seems like a situation where IDLE task was running.
Jan-19-2012 seems like a Blue Screen of Death / Out of Interrupt event.

Any one can confirm and give suggestions on how to debug this further?

I have a JTAG connected to the system that shows Jan-20-2012.bmp

Please help. It seems like a case of spurious interrupt. I want to know how can I determine which interrupt is causing 
this. 

Thanks a bunch.
Attachment: Compressed file Jan-20-tb1.zip 137.12 KB
Re: OS/micro-kernel Hangs??  
Has any one else seen OS (QNX 6.4.0) hanging at either of these two:

0xF0050216 that follows after a HLT with IF enabled? Implying idle task is running while hi-pri tasks are starved?

0xFED13AF8 that follows after CLI then HLT? Implying some sort of panic? Our startup-bios was not started with -A option

Any ideas about what I should look into?

Our application runs on a Pentium M / PC architecture board in a chassis populated with other PCI cards. It runs well 
most of the time. Once in 5-20 days OS hangs. I am suspecting spurious interrupts, but that's just a suspicion. I have a
 JTAG put on two boards. Not able to isolate suspect code yet. That's why I am looking for ideas.

Thanks a bunch.