Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - io-graphics command-line options: (3 Items)

io-graphics command-line options  
What are the correct command line options to bring up devg-flat in 320x240x8   with a 128k frame buffer at 0x0ffe8000.  
Assume HW and palette is already configured.

I've tried  both old and new param styles, but can't seem to pass the correct address to devg-flat.  

Here's what I tried:

io-graphics -d flat xres=320,yres=240,bitpp=8,photon,amem=0x0ffe8000,0x20000 -pphoton

also

io-graphics -d flat xres=320,yres=240,bitpp=8,photon,mem_opts=0x0ffe8000,0x20000 -pphoton

Note: the documentation is inconsistent wrt amem/mem_opts (see docs and usage for io-graphics and devg-flat)

In both cases, io-graphics terminates cleanly with the following slog info:
-- Unable to construct generic mode number
-- PCI attach failed!
-- mem_init: No such file or directory
-- fontserver: clean
-- Received terminate request, exiting - EOK

I hacked up devg-flat and created devg-flat_myaddr and tried again without amem/mem_opts and it works fine.

What am I missing?

Second question:

I want rotate the screen by 180.  What are the correct command line option?

Note:  The documentation is inconsistent wrt chaining hook (see io-graphics docs and usage).  Is it a quoted string with
 spaces or unquoted with colons?

I tried the following:

io-graphics -d flat_myaddr hook="devg-rotate90.so devg-rotate90.so" xres=320,yres=240,bitpp=8,photon -pphoton

It loads, no unexpected slogger msgs, but doesn't touch the frame buffer.

Thanks,
-david
Re: io-graphics command-line options  
The problem with hook(s) was a missing comma.  But I still have the problem of passing a memory address to devg-flat.
Re: io-graphics command-line options  
What string do you see passed into flat_mem_init() if you use the mem_opts approach?