Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Unable to reach QNX host: (4 Items)

Unable to reach QNX host  
I have a QNX computer that I am able to reach trough QNET, ie, the /net path is available from a different QNX computer.
 The computer in question is able to access the Internet, and dhcp has assigned an ip. Running traceroute from a remote 
computer however, does not yield a response, and I am unable to to connect to the computer through TCP/IP with developed
 software.

What could cause this behavior? I have 3 computers, 2 QNX machines and 1 Windows machine connected through via a network
 switch, and there is no firewall between them. Pointers to where to start looking would be greatly appreciated. 
Re: Unable to reach QNX host  
So, sloginfo -c reveals a duplicate IP address conflict. Any way to rectify/request new ip for my interface?
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 08:20:34AM -0400, Snorre Brekke wrote:
> So, sloginfo -c reveals a duplicate IP address conflict. Any way to rectify/request new ip for my interface?

# ifconfig <iface> <ip_addr>/<netmask>

eg

# ifconfig en0 10.0.0.1/8

-seanb
I had been messing around with the alias modifier, but this worked perfectly at the cost of the internet connection, but
 I dont need that on the machine in question. The trick was to find an ip not in use on the subnet. Took some guesswork.
 Anyway, thank you.