Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - QNX 6.4.1 Freezing on Single Board Computer: (4 Items)

QNX 6.4.1 Freezing on Single Board Computer  
Hi,

I'm running QNX on a WAFER-945GSE2 Single Board Computer, and previously ran 6.3.0 SP3 with the full Photon installation
 with no problems. However, due to an issue with network drivers I had to update to 6.4.1 and this is where I'm running 
into trouble.

When the system starts, it boots fine, until I hit the "Screen resolution Change" - the initial Photon window for 
setting screen size. Now, the system runs for about 10 seconds before freezing. At first I thought that just the mouse 
stopped working, but as I was able to quickly hit "apply", it changed resolution, showed the "do you want these settings
" popup, then froze: the timer stopped. So, I've unplugged the drive, and using my development PC, I disabled Photon 
under "Global Options". After logging in commandpromt (or before, depending on delay), the system freezes after 
proximatly 10 seconds. What can be the casue of this?

Re: QNX 6.4.1 Freezing on Single Board Computer  
Ok, so I have a habit of posting before testing everything throughoutly it seems:
Shortly after I made the OP, the harddrive I was using for my Wafer died. Connecting a different disk with 6.4.1 solved 
my problems: The system booted, and I now have network support!
I'm sorry for being a pest, but the problem is reaccuring: The system freezes shortly after reaching the loginscreen. I 
was able to boot and run the system correctly once: but after reboot, the freeze issue reappeard! The disk boots just 
fine on another system, so this might be a hardware related problem. Still, is there any processes that happens before 
login that might cause this problem?
Ok, so I found out that DMA is causing this behaviour, .altboot or .boot with D at startup prevents the system from 
freezing.