Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - phinx?: (3 Items)

phinx?  
I'd like to use phinx to access my Photon desktop. Partly because I'm using qemu, and every CPU cycle I can run natively
 helps; partly because qemu's virtual graphics card is lousy and horribly slow; and partly to sort out my keymap issues 
--- Photon thinks my CAPS LOCK key is in a different place than X, and as a result things can get very confused.

I found phinx in the software repository and installed it. Unfortunately, I get a series of 'unknown symbol' errors; 
PhLock, ps_obj_open, ps_obj_read, ps_obj_write, drv_ps_obj_id_from_pci_values, pmd_setmode, pmd_lock_shared, 
pmd_unlock_shared. It doesn't run. I suspect it hasn't been rebuilt Any ideas?

In addition, is the source available anywhere? I'd very much rather run it on my Linux host, and connect it to the qemu 
virtual machine, rather than run it on the qemu virtual machine and display on the host --- I suspect it'd be much 
faster that way.
Re: phinx?  
I might be faster but only if you have multi core CPU.

I tried that with VMWare and phindows.   Note that VMWare has decent graphics performance because QNX6 has a driver for 
it.

On a single core CPU it was actually slower, on double core it's hard to tell but I would say phindows is a tad faster 
then gfx under VMWare.  This of course is under Windows.

I use phindows because of the ability to resize the windows.

Would be nice to have a phindows written in Java !!!  Maybe once that part becomes open the protocol will be public and 
somebody could do it ;-)
Re: phinx?  
I'd like to use Phinx to access 6.3.2 targets.
Any idea where it can be found?

The closest I could get is here:
http://www.openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t5684-.html 

Thanks,
Martin