Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Resource Manager Reply Blocked on stat() function call: (3 Items)

Resource Manager Reply Blocked on stat() function call  
I have a process that creates a single threaded resource manager that runs on a number of hosts at the same time.

Within the same process that creates the resource manager there is another thread which will search for all other 
resource managers of this type across QNET.

Each host wants to check if the resource manager on another host is alive so calls the stat( ) function with the network
 path of the remote resource manager.

My issue occurs when I reboot a number of hosts at the same time, when the stat() function gets called the host gets 
Reply Blocked, each host then gets Reply Blocked.

I have remotely connected to each process via Qconn and each thread blocks on a msgsendvnc() function call.

The issue only seems to occur if I start a number hosts all at exactly the same time.

I have attempted using the TimerTimeout() on the stat function but it didn’t seem to work.
Re: Resource Manager Reply Blocked on stat() function call  
I hope that the general purpose server threads (who are
normally receive blocked) are not the ones doing the stats.
If so, then you have classic server deadlock.

Andrew Wilson wrote:
> I have a process that creates a single threaded resource manager that runs on a number of hosts at the same time.
> 
> Within the same process that creates the resource manager there is another thread which will search for all other 
resource managers of this type across QNET.
> 
> Each host wants to check if the resource manager on another host is alive so calls the stat( ) function with the 
network path of the remote resource manager.
> 
> My issue occurs when I reboot a number of hosts at the same time, when the stat() function gets called the host gets 
Reply Blocked, each host then gets Reply Blocked.
> 
> I have remotely connected to each process via Qconn and each thread blocks on a msgsendvnc() function call.
> 
> The issue only seems to occur if I start a number hosts all at exactly the same time.
> 
> I have attempted using the TimerTimeout() on the stat function but it didn’t seem to work.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> OSTech
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post39732

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
Re: Resource Manager Reply Blocked on stat() function call  
No I spawn and detach another thread from the one that creates the resource manager, the stat() function is called from 
within this.