Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - elvis rc script?: (4 Items)

elvis rc script?  
Hello, All !
I would like to set a couple of elvis options (showmode, autoindent..) on start and I put them into $HOME/.exrc file as 
QNX Doc advices. But elvis don't apply these options.
I observe the same error (?) in both QNX 4 and 6 distribs. Currently I use elvis from 6.4.0 disrib.
How could I set nessesary startup options for elVIs?
Re: elvis rc script?  
New info. This is a 2.2.0 trick. In QNX 4 and 6 with version 1.7 all works as expected. In 6.4.0 there was elvis update 
to 2.2.0. This version requires elvis.ini which runs other scripts (including .exrc) at startup. It seems it could be 
added from core_os/trunk/utils/e/elvis/data, but I don't know where it should be placed. May be other files from 'data' 
dir are also required.. 
> New info. This is a 2.2.0 trick. In QNX 4 and 6 with version 1.7 all works as 
> expected. In 6.4.0 there was elvis update to 2.2.0. This version requires 
> elvis.ini which runs other scripts (including .exrc) at startup. It seems it 
> could be added from core_os/trunk/utils/e/elvis/data, but I don't know where 
> it should be placed. May be other files from 'data' dir are also required.. 

I have a locally-built elvis 2.17 (uses elvis.ini to source .exrc too) which puts all those files in /usr/local/lib/
elvis (but I presume that is because I overrode --installdir?)  According to the man page $ELVISPATH is used as a search
, so you should be able to put those files anywhere, provided you reflect it in your environ.  Actually, from the source
, the default OSLIBPATH when this is not set is in fact /usr/local/lib/elvis (unless overridden by the configure).  In 
my "/usr/local/lib/elvis" I appear to have all the files from both the 'doc' and 'data' dirs installed ... so that seems
 like a good place to try.
So the minimum I've done for elvis 2.2.0 setup  is:

cd /usr/local/lib
mkdir elvis
export ELVISPATH=/usr/local/lib/elvis
cp from_elvis_src_package/data/elvis.ini /usr/local/lib/elvis
vi myfile

John, Thanks for clarification!