Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Hello everyone / Question about nto hosted GCC toolchain: (1 Item)

Hello everyone / Question about nto hosted GCC toolchain  
Hi everyone,

i just joined to this Project (and to some others, but approval process takes long time it seems).
About me: i am a mechanical engineer, interested in operating systems. I am involved in the Haiku project since day-0, 
and i am a member of HaikuPorts team which is responisble for porting new sw to Haiku and maintaining them (i have 
updated the GCC toolchain to 5.3 then to 11.1, added support for gfortran, maintaining sci-libs, ported blender and 
countless other tools and libs)

So i have read the adventurous jurney of Elad here: https://membarrier.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/qnx-7-desktop/ about 
making the QNX desktop reality again. I knew QNX back then as Photon was still supported, but lately i became more and 
more interested in QNX, and started to think about replicating his work.

I already have QNX7.1 eval license (thanks Thomas!) and started to mess a bit with it. I took the toolchain sources from
 foundry27 and tried to build an nto hosted one, but it fails to build each and every time (sorry, can't quote the error
 message right now). I took the configure invocation from the official SDP (gcc -v output) Have anybody else tried to 
build an nto hosted toolchain lately?

Thank You!

(Dear admins, please approve my signups at the other projects too, thanks!)