Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Generic x86-64 6.6 boot image boots but doesn't respond to USB keyboard: (4 Items)

Generic x86-64 6.6 boot image boots but doesn't respond to USB keyboard  
Trying to boot the compiled image (ifs-x86-generic.bin) on an RTD CML24BT CPU module (Intel Atom 3845) from a USB drive.
  The boot appears to go OK; it finishes and I get a prompt (see attached screenshots). But then my USB keyboard isn't 
being seen.

I did see a Release Note indicating that on some boards it may be necessary to assign an irq and pci index to the ehci 
controller in the build file.  I would do this as a test, but building the image file has been a problem. I get errors 
on the order of 

.../src/hardware/deva/ctrl/intel_hda/hda_dll.c:751:17: error: 'ado_pcm_hw_t {aka struct ado_pcm_hw}' has no member named
 'capabilities2'

The RTD board is not one we've used before, but I installed 6.5.0 on it and that works just fine.  So I have an 
installation problem.  (Or maybe there's some conflict with the RTD CAN board that's also connected?).

Any suggestions of testing/procedure would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment: Image QNX_boot_screen_3.jpg 77.66 KB
Re: Generic x86-64 6.6 boot image boots but doesn't respond to USB keyboard  
Hi John,
the compiler error you see may be related to some mismatch between audio patches installed/not installed in your SDP 6.6
 installation and the sources in the BSP you are using. Which x86 BSP are you using? Did you install the corresponding  
*_PATCHES.zip archive as outlined in the documentation?

To workaround this, I think it is not necessary to build the sources. You can just issue "make images", the build would 
then use the prebuilt binaries, which get copied from "prebuilt" folder to "install" folder automatically.

You could try to work with startup-bios to see if that changes anything. This is what QNX 6.5 is doing by default.

Regards,
Al
Hi Folks:

We have been working with QNX 6.5.0 but would like to transition to 7.0.0.  The prebuilt image starts up OK, but when I 
build the binary from the x-86_64-generic.build file that was sent with the BSP, I still cannot use the keyboard, nor 
are PCI devices being seen by their drivers.

The CPU we're using is the Intel 3845, mounted on RTD's CML24BT PCI/104-Express cpuModule.   The pci_device.list does 
see both the SATA disk and ethernet interface, but the corresponding daemons (devb-ahci and io-pkt-v6-hc, respectively) 
cannot see them.

By the way, we're using the BSP_x86_64_br-700_be-700_JBN89 board support package.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
John 
Did you install QNX® SDP 7.0 Connectivity - PCI HW Module x86 (with Debug Symbols)  and QNX® SDP 7.0 OS Services - 
Core (Path for SDP 7.0)?   My USB keyboard was working with the pre-built image, but didn't work when I rebuilt it.  
After I installed these packages, the USB started working.