Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - SDK Apps and Media 1.1 reference image for VMware: (5 Items)

SDK Apps and Media 1.1 reference image for VMware  
Hi all,

I am currently evaluating the SDk apps and media 1.1 reference image for VMware. I use Macbook pro Linux host for the 
task. Unfortunately, the ref img does work properly. No graphical screen appeared, but only prompt. I went throughteh 
sloginfo, but I could not see any obvious mistake in terms of the SGVA driver. I tested on MacOSX, Fusion VMware, it 
failed exactly the same error messages. 

I tested it(ref image) on IMac, it works perfectly. I compared both sloginfo. I don't or can't see any significant 
problems as well in terms of the Graphic driver.

Would anyone help please? I tried to upload the sloginfo of both. if you can;t see it. That would mean I am not allowed 
to attached the file. 

Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thank you
Siow
Attachment: Text nok.log 51.03 KB Text ok.log 55.36 KB
Re: SDK Apps and Media 1.1 reference image for VMware  
It looks like you forgot to enable 3D acceleration in the virtual machine

On 2015-06-14 8:25 AM, siowlim chow wrote:
> Jun 14 07:47:40    5     8   300 3D disabled by host.

Thanks for pointing that out. However, I had checked with

qws@qws-MacBookPro:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes

From Ubuntu forum, by direct renderig:Yes, it says the 3D acceleration is enabled.

However, I did experienced that when I enable 3 acceleration in VMware, it always replies with not support by the host. 
I went further by installing the latest fglr-dev. Unfortunately, the host is not long boot properly.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

Further investigation revealed that the driver of discreet GPU Radeon HD6750M does not support hardware 3D acceleration,
 but only 3D acceleration emulation by MESA. Obvious VMware communicates directly to the graphic driver not MESA. Hence,
 complains 3D does not support by the hardware.

[Resolved] SDK Apps and Media 1.1 reference image for VMware  
Thank you so much for confirming that the error caused by 3D acceleration being disabled.

After days of trial and error with various combinations, I decided to remove Xubuntu which by default to do not support 
3D acceleration, even though it does support 3D acceleration emulation, the SDK reference image does not like it. It 
took me at 5 days install/reinstall Xubuntu (as it do not detect display after installing fglrx). 

After installing Ubuntu 15.04 and confirm the 3D capability, the SDK reference image simple works.
In addition, I ran the Medical image reference for VMware as well. It works also.

Thank you