Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - The Login wont work because of FLASH...: (3 Items)

The Login wont work because of FLASH...  
Well seams u used Flash a lot..

Let me tell ya a little storry:

1. I don't use Windows private and I use alternatives OS a lot.
Flash is proparity (and so pure shit...) and not supported for my OS anyway.

2. The Company has of course Windows Computers but there's a strict rule of thumb: No Flash allowed.

So I "logged in" via the Link in the mail (at least I hope I logged in, I can change details but if I leave this website
 I may wont be able to login again).

So: FLASH sucks.. please get this as PLAIN fact. It's not supported, it's insecure and not broadly avaiable (at least 
propably not for the users you#ll attrac and I guess you wont that my mom gets ya Code for a review.. but she propably 
has flash..).

3. svn -> Username

What username? Isn#t it the Mailadress? I may miss details because you may used the fancy ubercool Flash to display it 
but: Where to get the Username for SVN? If it isn't the e-Mail Adress: please advise me.

If it's the Mailadress: Doesn't work... ;-/

I used the mailadress, used the same PW like for the "login":

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos/coreos_pub/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/repos/coreos_pub/trunk': 403 Forbidden (http://community.qnx.com)
$ 

I don't use SVN but CVS so I may do soemthing wrong?
I would be happy for any advise. Thanks. :)
Re: The Login wont work because of FLASH...  
>3. svn -> Username
>What username?

It's the email address you used to register for myQNX 

>I used the mailadress, used the same PW like for the "login":

>svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos/coreos_pub/trunk'
>svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/repos/coreos_pub/trunk': 403 Forbidden (http://community.qnx.com)

That was probalby the right email address to use. But our svn server went down. We are working to fix it. 

>So: FLASH sucks..

No argument from me. I'll forward your comment to the guys to do the website. 

-ad 
Re: The Login wont work because of FLASH...  
Thanks! I now the comments may sound "rude" but if you wanna "set something free" why do you consider to use proparity 
software? It even nerves me that I need to register 'course u said u wanna set ya code "free" (as for review and so). So
 a anoncvs or equivalent things would have done the same job. :-(

But FLASH is rly. a problem for me. I could use Linux emulation or set up a Windows in a Qemu but it's realy a "overkill
".

Please also consider that Java isn't "free" either. other OSs then those supported by Sun (or those wich own a "License"
 (like FreeBSD..)) may need to build Java from source (wich takes about a day here). And even they manadge to do so they
 may have a underlaying CPU architecture wich makes it impossible to get the Firefox plugin.

Just my 0.2 :)