Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
BroadcastCommunity.qnx.com will be offline from May 31 6:00pm until June 2 12:00AM for upcoming system upgrades. For more information please go to https://community.qnx.com/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.bazaar/discussion.bazaar.topc28418
Forum Topic - DVD Installer partition bug?: Page 1 of 4 (4 Items)

DVD Installer partition bug?  
Hello,
I'm new to QNX, and while trying to install from the full DVD into a PC, I hit a problem after creating the partition: 
the installer couldn't mount it and aborted the installation.

I finally figured it out and have installed QNX correctly but here's the bug:
When the installer creates the new partition, it always writes 0 (zero) as the starting head number (cylinder and sector
 numbers seem correct). So the new partition was overlapping the last portion of my existing partition (the existing 
partition ended at head 80, so the next one was supposed to start at head 81). Luckily the OS couldn't mount it and 
aborted without causing damage to the existing partition.
My temporary solution was to enlarge the existing partition so it would end at head 254, therefore making the unused 
space begin at head 0.

It can be easily reproduced: Just create a partition with a size that ends in an arbitrary head number, and installation
 will fail. A partition manager will show the created QNX partition has a 0 in the starting head number.

I hope this helps,
Claudio