Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Can't install DDKs for Momentics 6.3.2 and 6.4.0: (2 Items)

Can't install DDKs for Momentics 6.3.2 and 6.4.0  
Gentlepeople,

Currently I am evaluating QNX for my company. In order to do that I need to make a demonstrator application that 
requires a USB webcam to be connected to my testboard. For this I would like to create my own driver.

The problem is I cannot get the DDK to install on my linux host. Installshield tells me I need to have Momentics 6.3.0 
installed, although I have downloaded the USB DDK for 6.3.x from the dowload section of qnx.com.

I have tried installing on a Linux host with Momentics 6.4.0 and one with Momentics 6.3.2, both unsuccessful:

"This software can only be installed with QNX Momentics 6.3.0. Please install
QNX Momentics 6.3.0 first."

It may be important to note that I only have evaluation copies of both Momentics versions?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bas

PS:

qconfig output machine 1:
QNX Installations 

Installation Name: QNX Software Development Platform 6.4.0
            Version: 6.4.0
     Base Directory: /opt/qnx640
           QNX_HOST: /opt/qnx640/host/linux/x86
         QNX_TARGET: /opt/qnx640/target/qnx6

Additional Packages

qconfig output machine 2:
QNX Installations 

Installation Name: QNX Software Development Suite 6.3.2
            Version: 6.3.2
     Base Directory: /opt/qnx632
           QNX_HOST: /opt/qnx632/host/linux/x86
         QNX_TARGET: /opt/qnx632/target/qnx6

Additional Packages

PPS: I don't think it has anything to do with the jvm problems some people are reporting on these forums, since I've 
already pointed the correct one out to installshield (the $JAVA_HOME and $QNX_JAVAHOME stuff)

Re: Can't install DDKs for Momentics 6.3.2 and 6.4.0  
Hi,

I personally have never tried to install the DDKs on a Linux host, but I'm also not sure what the status of the DDKs is 
for 6.4.

QNX of course is interested in helping you with your evaluation. For that, we have FAE's (Field Application Engineers). 
If not already done so, you should contact QNX and ask the FAE that is responsible for your region or market branch for 
assistance.

- Malte