Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Runing QNX in VirtualBox: (5 Items)

Runing QNX in VirtualBox  
Just install on QNX inside VirtualBox(v2.2) on a linux machine. QNX can start, seems work fine except QNX is very slow 
to user input and cursor movement, but this is not a big issue for me at this moment. I am currently feel lost to set up
 network of QNX/Linux so that Momentics on Linux can access QNX on the same machine. 

Any hints for this? 
Re: Runing QNX in VirtualBox  
Try switching to the vesabios graphics driver.

I haven't tried 2.2, so I can't speak to any specific network problems.

Colin

Tao Yang wrote:
> Just install on QNX inside VirtualBox(v2.2) on a linux machine. QNX can start, seems work fine except QNX is very slow
 to user input and cursor movement, but this is not a big issue for me at this moment. I am currently feel lost to set 
up network of QNX/Linux so that Momentics on Linux can access QNX on the same machine. 
> 
> Any hints for this? 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post27560
> 

-- 
cburgess@qnx.com
vesabios drive solved the graphics problem. Now cursor working normally. 
Update on running QNX in VirtualBox:

I'm using VirtualBox Version 4.0.8 r71778 on my MacBook Pro running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7

I had some problem running the qnxsdp-6.5.0-x86-201007091524-nto-apic.iso out of the box -- I got a fatal system error 
as soon as QNX finishes booting.

However, I changed the Chipset settings (in Settings --> System --> Motherboard) to ICH9, everything runs OK, although 
it's not particularly fast.

I hope this helps someone.

Thomas O'Dell
Have you ever tried the non-APIC version? Some time last year I tried to set up a VM that I never got to boot. The non-
APIC version works and is still in use.

Ciao,
Christoph