Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - VERY simple instructions for connecting to an existing process: (2 Items)

VERY simple instructions for connecting to an existing process  
Hi,
I've just started looking at using Momentics to connect to an existing process on another box.  The code is built on the
 PC using makefiles for that PowerPC target and runs.

I have read a number of threads in this forum that make some sense but I need really, really simple instructions.  For 
example when making a target I have no idea what the checkbox 'use terminal emulation on target' means.  No idea at all.

I am happy to read through a lot of information to learn what I need to know I just can't find that simple explanation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ant
Re: VERY simple instructions for connecting to an existing process  
> Hi,
> I've just started looking at using Momentics to connect to an existing process
>  on another box.  The code is built on the PC using makefiles for that PowerPC
>  target and runs.
> 
> I have read a number of threads in this forum that make some sense but I need 
> really, really simple instructions.  For example when making a target I have 
> no idea what the checkbox 'use terminal emulation on target' means.  No idea 
> at all.

Please see:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3.2/ide_en/user_guide/launch.html :

[snip]
Target Options 
If you don't want the IDE to create a "pseudo terminal" on the target that sends terminal output to the Console view on 
a line-by-line basis, then check the Don't use terminal emulation on target option. To use terminal emulation, your 
target must be running the devc-pty manager. 
[snip]

Hope this helps.
Jeevan