Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Using qconn with QNX 7 and Momentics.: (8 Items)

Using qconn with QNX 7 and Momentics.  
I have debugged using qconn for many years using QNX 6.3.2. Target system is a PC running QNX 6.3.2. Development 
computer is another PC running Windows. These days it is Windows 10. The target machine is connected to the development 
machine via an Ethernet connection. Now we are moving to QNX 7, which the target machine is running, In Momentics for 
QNX 6.3.2 you could create a debug configuration of type "C/C++ QNX QConn (IP)", but in the version that comes with QNX 
7 this option is not available. How do I debug using qconn? Is it still supported? Any help appreciated.
Re: Using qconn with QNX 7 and Momentics.  
Its just a default QNX launch configuration, you can even select binary and do Run As QNX Application...
and it will create one for you (it will ask for target IP)
OK. So I tried the "C/C++ QNX Application" option for the launch configuration. Now when I try to debug I get the 
message "Error in final launch sequence GDB prompt not read". I have seen suggestions that this is a Python problem and 
I may need to downgrade "Tools - Python 2.7 (Windows 64-bit)" from the software centre. But should that have worked? Is 
it using qconn?
Python we ship with the tools. Did you select same SDP in IDE (Windows->Prefernce->QNX) as you target running?
If I go to Window->Preferences->QNX I see:

Select SDK = qnx700
Version = 7.0.0
SDK Tools Path = C:/qnx700/host/win64/x86_64
SDK Platform Path = c:/qnx700/target/qnx7
Prompt to clean when project SDK is changed = ticked

Seems OK. Both paths exist.

I might try to re-install QNX 7. Was hoping to avoid that.
Have not yet re-installed. I did use the Software Center to do a "Verify Installation". It found quite a number of 
problems but I eventually got it to the state where it says everything is fine.
Then I attempted to try and follow the instructions in this knowledge base article:
https://www.qnx.com/support/knowledgebase.html?id=5015Y000001jIX4
But I cannot perform a downgrade. I eventually figured out that I needed to select the "Installed" tab, then right click
 on "QNX (R) Momentics IDE", and click on "Downgrade...". I then got the message "No updates found. Configure available 
software sites to reach more content". I clicked the "available software sites" link in the message box, and this leads 
to a dialogue with a list of available software sites. There are already four in the list (all on my C drive), but I 
used the "Add..." button to add another. I called it "QNX download center" and guessed at a location of "https://www.qnx
.com/download/". (see attached). Clicked "OK", and clicked "OK" on the error message box to dismiss it. Then tried right
 clicking and selecting "Downgrade..." again. It takes a little longer to search for the update, but eventually gets 
back to the "No updates found." message. So how do I downgrade? Is there another software site I should be specifying?
Attachment: Image Available software sites.jpg 101.52 KB
IDE cannot upgrade or downgrade. Just select one you want and install in separate folder. If you don't see all version 
check Show all versions in Add Installlation.... screen

But all IDE above 7.0 will support 7.0, the error you seeing something to do with debugger or communication not ide
In the end I did a complete re-install of QNX 7 including Momentics. Now the debugger works.
Not sure what the problems was.
Thanks for your help.