Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Unable to build on Windows 10 -- cygwin heap error: (11 Items)

Unable to build on Windows 10 -- cygwin heap error  
I installed Momentics IDE 4.7.0 on Windows 10, building for the TI AM335x.  The rest of my team is building on Windows 7
.  On my Windows 10 machine, the build failed with the following error:

--------------------------
**** Build of configuration QNX QCC for project move_sitara335x-src ****

make all 
cp -rf prebuilt/* install
      0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487
AllocationBase 0xEB0000, BaseAddress 0x1110000, RegionSize 0x11A0000, State 0x2000
C:\QNX650\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0
make: *** [prebuilt] Error 1
--------------------------

From some searching on the web, I found that this is a Cygwin problem (I assume Cygwin is installed with Momentics, and 
runs underneath it).  The fix I found is described here: 

https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/issues/123

which links to the following link, where I downloaded mysys-1.0.zip and replaced it at c:\\QNX650\host\win32\x86\usr\bin
:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/VirtualAllocPointerNull?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=msys-1.0.zip

I did as the link suggests, replacing msys-1.0.dll in the directory where I found it, at QNX650\host\win32\x86\usr\bin, 
and this fixed the problem.  The build now works.

Is The QNX development team aware of this? 

Re: Unable to build on Windows 10 -- cygwin heap error  
Yes we aware if that thank you. Unfortunately it cannot be universally fixed and in some specific Windows configurations

you have to apply a patch that used a different hard-coded offset. The patch is also posted in command line tools qnx 
community project
Thank you.  Can you send me a pointer to the patch (name of the thread in the forum)?
I thought you said its working... I am not sure where is it exactly but tools download area is here
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/projects.toolchain/frs
Yes it is working, but I wanted to see if it is the same fix as I applied or a different one.  I'd rather have a fix 
from the QNX team than one I found on an unrelated forum.  I also want to have the most robust fix available.

Thanks for the link to the download area.
Hi,

QNX® Momentics® Integrated Development Environment

Version: 5.0.1
Build id: v201402230336

I am using QNX momentics IDE of above shown version with windows 10 in my laptop.
I am also facing similar error.(Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0, 0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: 
VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487)

I tried replacing just the msys-1.0.dll in C:\qnx660\host\win32\x86\usr\bin and rebooted my laptop but still I see above
 error.

Can you help me out to resolve this issue?
I think there is no rebased version of the msys dll available that works with SDP 6.6

You can only try to reboot your machine, multiple times if need be, and launch Momentics first thing after log in.

Alternative solution is to install Linux Ubuntu in VM (Virtual Box works great) and use that.

Regards,
Albrecht
QNX® Momentics® Integrated Development Environment
Version: 5.0.1
Build id: v201402230336

Shown above is the QNX IDE release I am using. Since an W10 update on 5/23, I am having the exactly same problem. If you
 know particular release of msys-1.0.dll which can solve this problem. Please notify me.
I also met the same issue with QNX6.5 on Windows 10, building for the PowerPC. I have fixed the issue by your 
instructions.

Thanks for your sharing!
Old cygwin/msys toolchain may not work properly under Win10. I fixed the issue(Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap)
 by following below steps.

# get backup for just in case
copy msys-1.0.dll msys-1.0.dll.bak

#Open Visual Studio Command Tools Command Prompt and type following command
editbin /rebase:base=0x50000000 msys-1.0.dll