Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - Problems with remote debugging: (4 Items)

Problems with remote debugging  
Hello folks,

currently, I'm trying to remote debug an application that is running on a remote target connected via network from my 
host desktop. I create a dummy Makefile object and create a launch configuration for it with the unstripped binary from 
the target and some library paths all located on my host desktop. The target seems to connect.  However, after pressing 
the "debug" button in the launch configuration I get the error „Error in final launch sequence Cannot set share library
 paths binary object cannot be null“. Do you know what that means?

Regards
Re: Problems with remote debugging  
I'm having the same problem
I am having the same problem as well since upgrading from QNX 6.5.0 SP1 to 6.6.0.

Tom
I ran into this problem on ubuntu 14.04 (x86_64 64bit). 

I *solved* it by downloading oracle linux jdk 8 32 bit (since the IDE is 32bit), at this time the current file is 'jdk-
8u40-linux-i586.tar.gz' , Java SE Development Kit 8u40 and installing it into some *non-system* directory:

sudo mkdir -p /opt/oracle/jdk/32bit/
sudo tar xf jdk-8u40-linux-i586.tar.gz -C /opt/oracle/jdk/32bit

I then changed the qnx660-env.sh script to *not* include the path to the qnx bundled java, instead use the new one:

PATH=/opt/qnx/6.6.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin:/opt/qnx/6.6.0/.qnx/bin:$PATH
# oracle jdk
PATH=/opt/oracle/jdk/32bit/jdk1.8.0_40/bin:$PATH

Adapt to your system (you probably have a different qnx install path ). It might also work with just the JRE.

enjoy,
Nuno