Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory: (9 Items)

My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory  
Hello, 

This is the first time that i face a RTOS, and i'm very lost. I have followed the steps of guide: "10 Steps to 
Developing a QNX Program: Quickstart Guide [6.5.0]", and when i go to do the step 9 "Starting and debugging" i find a 
error during "Donwloading and starting application" process. (i add a capture screen)

My intention is, in the future, integrate QNX neutrino on a beaglebone black board, but, for now, i'm using virtual 
machine. Following the steps of guide, i use VMware Player (last versión 5.0.2) and i downloaded and installed, in VM, 
the iso with x86 host for this version. Did I need to do some configuration on QNX , that is not indicated in the guide?

As I have said i'm a newbie, and i would like to know  if you know a good tutorial to learn how to program real-time 
applications. I've seen a lot of documentation but QNX has no good tutorials that showing step by step how to program. 
Basically I need a QNX for dummies.

Thank you very much and greetings.
Attachment: Image Error1.png 106.64 KB
Re: My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory  
Try with plain ASCII file names?

On 13-07-25 06:15 AM, AIRAN LEON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the first time that i face a RTOS, and i'm very lost. I have followed the steps of guide: "10 Steps to 
Developing a QNX Program: Quickstart Guide [6.5.0]", and when i go to do the step 9 "Starting and debugging" i find a 
error during "Donwloading and starting application" process. (i add a capture screen)
>
> My intention is, in the future, integrate QNX neutrino on a beaglebone black board, but, for now, i'm using virtual 
machine. Following the steps of guide, i use VMware Player (last versión 5.0.2) and i downloaded and installed, in VM, 
the iso with x86 host for this version. Did I need to do some configuration on QNX , that is not indicated in the guide?

>
> As I have said i'm a newbie, and i would like to know  if you know a good tutorial to learn how to program real-time 
applications. I've seen a lot of documentation but QNX has no good tutorials that showing step by step how to program. 
Basically I need a QNX for dummies.
>
> Thank you very much and greetings.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post103556
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

Re: My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory  
I think that the name isn't the problem, because i have tried run the examples projects and i have the same error.

I think that the problem is on QNX neutrino, because if i boot system directly from CD, in this case, i can run and 
debug all projects without problems but the project's files not saved on system. 

Thank you, Aleksandar.

But in the screenshot you see that the name on the target is 
concatenated with a "unique" string (I think it may be drived from your 
host name). I suspect 'O' with the accent is confusing it.

On 13-07-25 10:40 AM, AIRAN LEON wrote:
> I think that the name isn't the problem, because i have tried run the examples projects and i have the same error.
>
> I think that the problem is on QNX neutrino, because if i boot system directly from CD, in this case, i can run and 
debug all projects without problems but the project's files not saved on system.
>
> Thank you, Aleksandar.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post103573
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
>

Thanks Aleksandar,

I don't know why the program change the name of file. The project's name is only 'Prueba1', and the file in /tmp folder 
is Prueba1AUTOMATIZACIÓNxxx... Adjunct new capture screen, but now i'm running system from CD.

AUTOMATIZACIÓN is the name of user in this pc, i try change it and try again without boot from CD.
Attachment: Image Error2.png 66.36 KB
There should be an option in your debug configuration that says "use 
unique names" you can uncheck that and the name of the binary on the 
target should remain "as-is" without adding "unique" portion.

On 13-07-25 11:19 AM, AIRAN LEON wrote:
> Thanks Aleksandar,
>
> I don't know why the program change the name of file. The project's name is only 'Prueba1', and the file in /tmp 
folder is Prueba1AUTOMATIZACIÓNxxx... Adjunct new capture screen, but now i'm running system from CD.
>
> AUTOMATIZACIÓN is the name of user in this pc, i try change it and try again without boot from CD.
>
>
>
>
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post103575
>

Thank you so much, Aleksandar. 

At the end was the "use unique names" option. Now i can run application without problems, but during load program 
console show this warning:

warning: Host file C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/ldqnx.s0.2 does not match target file /user/lib/ldqnx.so.2   

Is necesary replace the file in C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/ folder with /user/lib/ldqnx.so.2 ?? 

On another hand, do you know any good tutorial or guide to learn develop real-time applications or related. I will try 
to guide by QNX examples, they aren`t very simple.

Thanks again and greetings.
On 13-07-25 12:02 PM, AIRAN LEON wrote:
> Thank you so much, Aleksandar.
>
> At the end was the "use unique names" option. Now i can run application without problems, but during load program 
console show this warning:
>
> warning: Host file C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/ldqnx.s0.2 does not match target file /user/lib/ldqnx.so.2

You need to match VM and NDK versions you are using.

>
> Is necesary replace the file in C:/QNX650/target/qnx6/x86/usr/lib/ folder with /user/lib/ldqnx.so.2 ??
>
> On another hand, do you know any good tutorial or guide to learn develop real-time applications or related. I will try
 to guide by QNX examples, they aren`t very simple.

That is a very big topic, and there is a lot of information you can (and 
should) read. You can start with the examples and read QNX documentation.

Maybe you want to read QNX Neturino Programmer's Guide: 
http://www.qnx.com/download/feature.html?programid=20966

>
> Thanks again and greetings.

Good luck,

Aleksandar

RE: My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory  
Read the documentation, it`s explained in the section QNX Momentics IDE User's Guide > Launch Configurations Reference >
 Setting execution options -> Upload tab .

-----Message d'origine-----
De : AIRAN LEON [mailto:community-noreply@qnx.com] 
Envoyé : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:19 AM
À : momenticsgs-community
Objet : Re: My first steps with QNX and my first problems: Error .gdbinit: No such file or directory

Thanks Aleksandar,

I don't know why the program change the name of file. The project's name is only 'Prueba1', and the file in /tmp folder 
is Prueba1AUTOMATIZACIÓNxxx... Adjunct new capture screen, but now i'm running system from CD.

AUTOMATIZACIÓN is the name of user in this pc, i try change it and try again without boot from CD.

QNX Momentics Getting Started
http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post103575
To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com