Documents
Documents
Wiki
Wiki
Discussion Forums
Discussions
Project Information
Project Info
Forum Topic - How to install without Photon: (5 Items)

How to install without Photon  
I would want to install Neutrino 6.5.0 from DVD (qnxsdp-6.5.0-x86-201007091524-nto.iso) without Photon (GUI) only from 
commandline. Is that possible ?

Do i need to take another iso-image or do i need to press some button while booting sequnece ?
Re: How to install without Photon  
In the past /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit used to look for the presence
of a /etc/system/config/nophoton file:

# touch /etc/system/config/nophoton

And then photon wouldn't be started.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 09:19:39AM -0400, Esa Heikkinen wrote:
> 
> I would want to install Neutrino 6.5.0 from DVD (qnxsdp-6.5.0-x86-201007091524-nto.iso) without Photon (GUI) only from
 commandline. Is that possible ?
> 
> Do i need to take another iso-image or do i need to press some button while booting sequnece ?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> QNX Momentics Getting Started
> http://community.qnx.com/sf/go/post95676
> To cancel your subscription to this discussion, please e-mail momenticsgs-community-unsubscribe@community.qnx.com
But it is not possible to type this command while booting from original boot-DVD, because it starts directly to photon 
without command prompt ? ?

Or should i copy the original boot-DVD and put /etc/system/config/nophoton-file to the copy ?
I dont exactly know how to do that, but i think it is possible. Maybe directly mounting iso-image (or via virtualmachine
 like Vmware) ?
Maybe i should go to an optician :)

There was following text in display in booting sequence:
"Press the space bar to input boot options .."

There was also possible to disable Photon..
You appear to be running from CD, not installing. When you boot you should be given the option of installing or running 
direct from the CD. This would appear shortly after the "Hit space for options" message assuming you didn't hit any keys
, of course. The installation is all text based so you aren't actually running the installer.  If you just boot without 
hitting anything what happens?